Monday, January 08, 2007

Prettybird-my parakeet with a sexual identity crisis

Meet Pretty Bird.
One of the many loves of my life.
Prettybird actually started out as a male. The cere (skin above the beak) was purplish-blue meaning that Prettybird was a boy. Within the last year, its changed to a more brownish-tan color meaning that Prettybird is a girl.
I have decided that I am not going to make Prettybird decide whether she/he wants to be a boy or girl. Hey, even a bird can be confused about their identity. I will support her/him on which ever color she/he choses her/his cere to be.
Rock On Prettybird. Muah.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL about Pretty Bird. Tooooo funny!!

Tara said...

Too funny! I love the story. And the bird is cute too! LOL

Unknown said...

How Funny! Cute shot though, of the confused bird. LoL!

Monica said...

Beautiful colors on your he/she bird! LOL...

TL said...

hehe... such a good mommy you are, letting him/her choose!

D said...

LOL! Cute shot! poor bird. ;)
Dawn

slgober said...

That's funny! I wondered how they could tell what sex a bird was!! Apparently that's not always 100% accurate though!!

Christina said...

We had similar issues with a cockatiel once - to this day don't know if it was a boy or a girl. I like this capture - nice colors and great shallow DOF.

Anonymous said...

ha! That is too funny! he/she is a beaut!

Jen said...

WEll, you did give him kind of a girlie name. You know, it's all in the name ;) Hahahaha! Just kidding.

Pretty bird is a very pretty bird indeed!